The senior citizens card provides many benefits to the citizens above a certain age and help them live a life free of struggle.
Not just the basic happiness of living a wholesome life with ones family but also a variety of benefits are available to person’s who own a senior citizens card. The benefits can be utilised as per the convenience. The card also acts as a weightlifter as it decreases the financial issues of senior citizens providing them a hand of support in a very systematic and legitimate way.
Applying online has made it easier for the old people by decreasing the amount of physical struggle they had to go through in previous times due to the requirement of multiple visits to the office in person. This has also reduced long queues in the offices and made the handling of the whole process easier and better.
For applying the senior citizen card, the person has to be eligible to enjoy it’s benefits. Therefore it is really important to go through all the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying for the senior citizen’s card.
The eligibility criteria include the following:
- The person applying for senior citizens card should be a permanent resident of the particular state where they are applying for their senior citizen card.
- The age criteria are set to be 60 years or above. Anyone who fits in this criteria is suitable for applying for the senior citizen card.
- The person if living with a spouse is eligible to apply for both of them. The option of online application is open to all the senior citizen who satisfies the above two criteria.
To apply online certain steps are needed to be followed. They are as following:
- The form for senior citizens card is available on the official website of the state. The person needs to visit the official website.
- Once the official website is reached, the senior citizen portal is appearing on the homepage. The portal has to be opened to undergo further process.
- When the portal is opened there are login or apply for application options available. After it you have to click on the “apply for senior citizens card” option.
- A form will appear on the screen with many details requirements to be fulfilled. All the detailed must be filled true to information.
- The scanned copy of essential and required documents must be uploaded. These documents act as proof of age and residence.
- After submitting the application the person has to wait for the approval of their application. Only once the application is approved, it is delivered to the filled address directly.
- The verification is done very carefully before providing the senior citizen card to an individual.
The list of documents required for the form is as follows:
- The most important proof is considered as the residential proof which must be approved by the state government. Any government document that acts as a residential proof acts as valid for this purpose.
- The second important proof required is the age proof. Senior citizens card benefits are only for people above 60 years of age. Therefore, it is important to prove that the individual applying is above the age limit. Identify proof, 10th or 12thmark sheet and any other documents that are government approved and has a date of birth can act as valid age proof.
There is a toll-free number which is made available for the senior citizens to provide any assistance and help they need in getting their senior citizens card. Senior citizens can directly contact the officials to get help on this matter.