Wayfaring the World: চরৈবেতি
Orange Wayfarer is a culture focused food and travel blog. It is authored and edited by Madhurima Chakraborty who lives in the New York City and dreams about Kolkata at night! Orange Wayfarer is a bilingual blog where stories from the globe are written in both English and Bengali.
- দারুচিনির দ্বীপ, শ্রীলংকাগত ডিসেম্বর মাসে দু সপ্তাহের জন্য ঘুরে এলাম দারুচিনির দ্বীপ, শ্রীলংকা। তখন
- Ultimate Travel to Visiting Sri Lanka for 2 Weeks: Itinerary, Travel TipsAbout this blog: We spend the end of December 21 in Sri
“…I knew I was inching close to be free, and that much coveted freedom would bring along a serendipitous chance to explore the world. As I handed over my resignation letter to the last corporate workplace, I also put my management degree to rest, disowned the last bit of urban vanity, unlearnt a hedonist lifestyle. It took me a while to learn the nuances of a travellers’ life. Orange Wayfarer, my blog, knows it all…”
Orange Wayfarer knows the minute details of my travel experiences. The fat dead rat I glanced upon at the dingy old lanes of Saigon, the culinary celebration of indigenous Bodo tribesmen at the Manas National Park, Assam, the painfully beautiful sunset sky of Africa, the nameless tropical islands of Andaman sea, the dilapidated historic monastery made of mud in Ladakh, the skull of the mummy forgotten somewhere at the Sahara desert, I have written her volumes!
My travel stories celebrates culture of a destination, through her food, art, indigenous weaves, heritage sites, sustainable conservation efforts for wildlife. I only promote hospitality brands that have a keen sense on sustainability with comfort.
Subscribe for free travel inspiration (Only once a month)!
Orange Wayfarer is here to inspire you to travel far and wild. We curate travel resources that help you plan a trip, starting from getting the visa approval to select bespoke ethical experience and promise 100% transparency in reportage.
Ever since I adopted traveling as a lifestyle, I travel solo frequently. Especially since Traveling is my “work” now.
However, Sayantan, my partner has been on the road with me even before the blog was born. My shy man would rather not come loud and clear in public but this blog would not be possible without him! Together, we have been to 14 countries. I know, you cant fit us into a bracket of solo or couple travel blogger!
Click to read Destination Guides!
- 6 Practical Tips to find Cheap Flights in India which No-one has told you beforeAs the pandemic is weaning down, more and more people are set out to explore the world as they did in the old world. India is no exception. More so
- Dos and Don’ts of Your First Trip to Goa: 20+ Practical Tips!A comprehensive guide to dos and donts of your first trip to Goa
- Ultimate Guide to Plan a Trip to Old Silk Route, Zuluk: The Best Kept Secret of SikkimA complete guide to visiting Zuluk on Old Silk Route from Bag Dogra airport or NJP station in December.
- Ultimate Travel to Visiting Sri Lanka for 2 Weeks: Itinerary, Travel TipsAbout this blog: We spend the end of December 21 in Sri Lanka for two weeks, traveling from Colombo to down south, exploring the island’s culture, tea plantation, central highlands
- Different Activities You Should Try When Traveling to Southeast AsiaSoutheast Asia is known for having the best beaches and islands and it is where you should go if you are a backpacker on a budget. However, there is more
- The Magic of Phang Nga Bay: My Tryst with the Unspoilt Nature off the Coast of Phuket, Thailand!In this blog post, I take you on a journey into the heart of Phang Nga Bay, a vast Ramsar marine reserve smattered with the last of a handful of
- Egypt Travel Tips: Practical Advice for Your First TripTraveling to Egypt for a first time visitor needs a bit of a safety precaution. There is more to see beyond the Pyramids of Giza & Nile river Cruise in Egypt. Visit Luxor to witness the best of Egyptian history!
- Tracing back Antiquity in Egypt Captured in 20 Travel Picturesbeautiful picture and stories from Egypt that will inspire you to take the trip of a lifetime!
- 25 Astounding Pictures from the Ethiopian Wilderness!I hesitated long before I could take on the project of creating content on Ethiopia. The ancient nation from the horn of Africa, landlocked and defying the European colonists since
- Morning Alms Giving Ceremony in Luang Prabang: Personal Thoughts on Attending This Ageold Tradition!
- 9 Community Tourism Initiatives in Europe are opening a New Normal in Sustainable Practice
- How Travels Shaped My 2019 : Overcoming Anxiety & A Year on the Road
- Madhurima: Creator of the blog Orange Wayfarer
- Best Indian Cultural Travel Bloggers with a penchant for Honest Writing!
- My first Suicide Attempt and Why I Never Want to Die Again!