Orange Wayfarer is a culture focused food and travel blog. It is authored and edited by Madhurima Chakraborty who lives in the New York City and dreams about Kolkata at night! Orange Wayfarer is a bilingual blog where stories from the globe are written in both English and Bengali.
- Blue Whales, Coconut groves & Indian Ocean: Best Things to do in Mirissa in 3 daysAbout this blog: A complete travel guide to Mirissa, the most famous… Read more: Blue Whales, Coconut groves & Indian Ocean: Best Things to do in Mirissa in 3 days
- Exploring the Amalfi Coast with a International Driving PermitRecently, I spent my summer holidays at the Amalfi coast in the… Read more: Exploring the Amalfi Coast with a International Driving Permit
“…I knew I was inching close to be free, and that much coveted freedom would bring along a serendipitous chance to explore the world. As I handed over my resignation letter to the last corporate workplace, I also put my management degree to rest, disowned the last bit of urban vanity, unlearnt a hedonist lifestyle. It took me a while to learn the nuances of a travellers’ life. Orange Wayfarer, my blog, knows it all…”
Orange Wayfarer knows the minute details of my travel experiences. The fat dead rat I glanced upon at the dingy old lanes of Saigon, the culinary celebration of indigenous Bodo tribesmen at the Manas National Park, Assam, the painfully beautiful sunset sky of Africa, the nameless tropical islands of Andaman sea, the dilapidated historic monastery made of mud in Ladakh, the skull of the mummy forgotten somewhere at the Sahara desert, I have written her volumes!
My travel stories celebrates culture of a destination, through her food, art, indigenous weaves, heritage sites, sustainable conservation efforts for wildlife. I only promote hospitality brands that have a keen sense on sustainability with comfort.
Subscribe for free travel inspiration (Only once a month)!
Orange Wayfarer is here to inspire you to travel far and wild. We curate travel resources that help you plan a trip, starting from getting the visa approval to select bespoke ethical experience and promise 100% transparency in reportage.
Ever since I adopted traveling as a lifestyle, I travel solo frequently. Especially since Traveling is my “work” now.
However, Sayantan, my partner has been on the road with me even before the blog was born. My shy man would rather not come loud and clear in public but this blog would not be possible without him! Together, we have been to 14 countries. I know, you cant fit us into a bracket of solo or couple travel blogger!
Click to read Destination Guides!
- Why you should add the Amazon to your bucket list(Image via https://twitter.com/WiseItravel) There are plenty of amazing escapades we can embark on in the modern world, although not many of them come close to experiencing life in the… Read more: Why you should add the Amazon to your bucket list
- 6 Practical Tips to find Cheap Flights in India which No-one has told you beforeAs the pandemic is weaning down, more and more people are set out to explore the world as they did in the old world. India is no exception. More so… Read more: 6 Practical Tips to find Cheap Flights in India which No-one has told you before
- Dos and Don’ts of Your First Trip to Goa: 20+ Practical Tips!A comprehensive guide to dos and donts of your first trip to Goa
- Blue Whales, Coconut groves & Indian Ocean: Best Things to do in Mirissa in 3 daysAbout this blog: A complete travel guide to Mirissa, the most famous beach town of Southern coast of Sri Lanka for whale watching, surfing and soaking in the vibes. Read… Read more: Blue Whales, Coconut groves & Indian Ocean: Best Things to do in Mirissa in 3 days
- The Coconut Hill of Mirissa: Is It Worth a Visit?In the coastal areas of Asia, fonds Coconut trees sway in joy. The large stalks reflect the lights of the setting sun. The ancient roots hold onto the eroding soil… Read more: The Coconut Hill of Mirissa: Is It Worth a Visit?
- Ultimate Travel to Visiting Sri Lanka for 2 Weeks: Itinerary, Travel TipsAbout this blog: We spend the end of December 21 in Sri Lanka for two weeks, traveling from Colombo to down south, exploring the island’s culture, tea plantation, central highlands… Read more: Ultimate Travel to Visiting Sri Lanka for 2 Weeks: Itinerary, Travel Tips
- Ultimate Guide to visit Kenya: Masaimara, Travel Tips & ItineraryWhy Visit Kenya It is a dream for many to visit the Great African Safari. Kenya is one of the best places to start that journey. An East African country,… Read more: Ultimate Guide to visit Kenya: Masaimara, Travel Tips & Itinerary
- Danakil Depression Ethiopia- Why Tourists love this harsh landscape in Africa?A complete guide to plan a backpacking trip to Danakil Depression, Ethiopia. Hiking atop a Lava lake in the pitch dark of a moonlit night, camping under a sky that… Read more: Danakil Depression Ethiopia- Why Tourists love this harsh landscape in Africa?
- Egypt Travel Tips: Practical Advice for Your First TripTraveling to Egypt for a first time visitor needs a bit of a safety precaution. There is more to see beyond the Pyramids of Giza & Nile river Cruise in Egypt. Visit Luxor to witness the best of Egyptian history!
- Morning Alms Giving Ceremony in Luang Prabang: Personal Thoughts on Attending This Ageold Tradition!
- 9 Community Tourism Initiatives in Europe are opening a New Normal in Sustainable Practice
- How Travels Shaped My 2019 : Overcoming Anxiety & A Year on the Road
- Madhurima: Creator of the blog Orange Wayfarer
- Best Indian Cultural Travel Bloggers with a penchant for Honest Writing!
- My first Suicide Attempt and Why I Never Want to Die Again!