Orange Wayfarer is a culture focused food and travel blog. It is authored and edited by Madhurima Chakraborty who lives in the New York City and dreams about Kolkata at night! Orange Wayfarer is a bilingual blog where stories from the globe are written in both English and Bengali.
- Is it worth visiting the Cat Cat Village in Sapa or is it another tourist trap?About this blog: Cat Cat village is the quintessential tourist spot in… Read more: Is it worth visiting the Cat Cat Village in Sapa or is it another tourist trap?
- Central Park in NYC is wrapped in 3 inches Snow for Nor’easter Lorraine after 700 days!About this blog: A photo series on the much awaited Nor’easter Lorraine… Read more: Central Park in NYC is wrapped in 3 inches Snow for Nor’easter Lorraine after 700 days!
“…I knew I was inching close to be free, and that much coveted freedom would bring along a serendipitous chance to explore the world. As I handed over my resignation letter to the last corporate workplace, I also put my management degree to rest, disowned the last bit of urban vanity, unlearnt a hedonist lifestyle. It took me a while to learn the nuances of a travellers’ life. Orange Wayfarer, my blog, knows it all…”
Orange Wayfarer knows the minute details of my travel experiences. The fat dead rat I glanced upon at the dingy old lanes of Saigon, the culinary celebration of indigenous Bodo tribesmen at the Manas National Park, Assam, the painfully beautiful sunset sky of Africa, the nameless tropical islands of Andaman sea, the dilapidated historic monastery made of mud in Ladakh, the skull of the mummy forgotten somewhere at the Sahara desert, I have written her volumes!
My travel stories celebrates culture of a destination, through her food, art, indigenous weaves, heritage sites, sustainable conservation efforts for wildlife. I only promote hospitality brands that have a keen sense on sustainability with comfort.
Orange Wayfarer is here to inspire you to travel far and wild. We curate travel resources that help you plan a trip, starting from getting the visa approval to select bespoke ethical experience and promise 100% transparency in reportage.
Ever since I adopted traveling as a lifestyle, I travel solo frequently. Especially since Traveling is my “work” now.
However, Sayantan, my partner has been on the road with me even before the blog was born. My shy man would rather not come loud and clear in public but this blog would not be possible without him! Together, we have been to 14 countries. I know, you cant fit us into a bracket of solo or couple travel blogger!
Click to read Destination Guides!
- How to spend 3 days in Hoi AnTop 10 things to do in Hoi An The Old Town is the core of Hoi An and its centre of business movement. Losing all the direction in the Old… Read more: How to spend 3 days in Hoi An
- How to spend a perfect weekend in Kolkata: 2 days ItineraryThis blog is for a first time visitor to Kolkata who wants to explore the heritage corners of the old city, eat amazing Bengali food, explore the colonial heritage of… Read more: How to spend a perfect weekend in Kolkata: 2 days Itinerary
- Why you should add the Amazon to your bucket list(Image via https://twitter.com/WiseItravel) There are plenty of amazing escapades we can embark on in the modern world, although not many of them come close to experiencing life in the… Read more: Why you should add the Amazon to your bucket list
- Is it worth visiting the Cat Cat Village in Sapa or is it another tourist trap?About this blog: Cat Cat village is the quintessential tourist spot in Sa Pa. Everyone goes there. Everyone talks about it. Some love it. Most berate it. They like it… Read more: Is it worth visiting the Cat Cat Village in Sapa or is it another tourist trap?
- Practical Guide to Visit Halong Bay & Best things to DoAbout this blog: Halong bay is a must visit destination in the North of Vietnam for a nature lover. It is one of the most intriguing spots in Asia. You… Read more: Practical Guide to Visit Halong Bay & Best things to Do
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Sapa in North Vietnam: Things to do in 3 daysAbout this blog: In this Sapa Travel Guide, we tell you about the best things to do in Sapa, including easy day hikes, best places to eat and shop at,… Read more: Ultimate Travel Guide to Sapa in North Vietnam: Things to do in 3 days
- Ultimate Guide to visit Kenya: Masaimara, Travel Tips & ItineraryWhy Visit Kenya It is a dream for many to visit the Great African Safari. Kenya is one of the best places to start that journey. An East African country,… Read more: Ultimate Guide to visit Kenya: Masaimara, Travel Tips & Itinerary
- Danakil Depression Ethiopia- Why Tourists love this harsh landscape in Africa?A complete guide to plan a backpacking trip to Danakil Depression, Ethiopia. Hiking atop a Lava lake in the pitch dark of a moonlit night, camping under a sky that… Read more: Danakil Depression Ethiopia- Why Tourists love this harsh landscape in Africa?
- Egypt Travel Tips: Practical Advice for Your First TripTraveling to Egypt for a first time visitor needs a bit of a safety precaution. There is more to see beyond the Pyramids of Giza & Nile river Cruise in Egypt. Visit Luxor to witness the best of Egyptian history!
- Morning Alms Giving Ceremony in Luang Prabang: Personal Thoughts on Attending This Ageold Tradition!
- 9 Community Tourism Initiatives in Europe are opening a New Normal in Sustainable Practice
- How Travels Shaped My 2019 : Overcoming Anxiety & A Year on the Road
- Madhurima: Creator of the blog Orange Wayfarer
- Best Indian Cultural Travel Bloggers with a penchant for Honest Writing!
- My first Suicide Attempt and Why I Never Want to Die Again!